Grapes of Wrath
i. A Faith Wizard
ii. Nice Arse
iii. In The Cellar
iv. Old Wine Is Good Wine
v. My Legacy
The episode starts with a friend of Bernards, trying to convince him to house sit, bribing him with a shiatsu neck massager. Manny is tired of the disgusting living conditions and hires a cleaner to clean the apartment/cellar/back room. In order for him to do a thorough clean he needs the place to be empty and so Manny convinces Bernard that they should house sit. The man has a wine cellar and he tells Manny which ones are not to be touched and which he can drink as much of as he likes. Manny gets it the wrong way round and they drink all the expensive bottles (costing a total of £7000). At the same time Fran goes on a date only to discover that her date is gay.
- Manny eating scrambled egg with a comb as a spoon and from out of a shoe.
- Before her date Fran goes to see Bernard and shows him her dress and her new laugh and turn.
- The cleaner is played by a great character actor Kevin Eldon.
- Bernard suggest they burn down the house in order to escape being caught out for drinking the wine. Instead they make fake old wine.
- Bernards starts eating a coaster and Manny asks what he is eating and Bernard says some fancy biscuit thing.
Laugh Out Loud Moment
Manny is trying to get Bernards attention but Bernard is reading, and Manny calls him repeatedly and also when Manny and Bernard are drinking the wine, Manny ties his hair in bunches, this was pretty funny!
Holding the shiatsu neck massager in front of his chest, Manny says;
'Look, I'm a prostitute robot from the future!'
Special mention to the wine descriptions especially;
- like a farmyard of wine
- like looking into the eye of a duck....and drinking all the water from its beak
- also @typendlebury reminded me on twitter; All the colours. ALL the colours. Well, yellow.
Do you agree with my laugh out loud suggestions? What was your favourite part?