1 Feb 2017

Day 6: If You Could Time Travel, Would You Go To The Past Or The Future?

Its day 6 in the big brother house..oh wait...its not...just day 6 in #365. The self-imposed challenge where I answer a question a day (alternating between serious and more fun) and you respond in the comments so that I can get to know you all better :)

One thing I love about people is that we are all so similar yet so different and everyone has a story, an interesting story too, and this probably explains my love of genealogy. I just like to find out what shapes a person, and what makes us like the things we do, is some of it genetic or does it all stem from outside influences? If its genetic, can it possibly be inherited from an ancestor who was around hundreds of years ago? I have no answers but I would love to know, if any of you know of any books on the topic let me know...

I digress..lets look at today's questions...this is tough. I think I would like to go to the past and the future, can I do both? The problem with the past is that it if you go quite far back and aren't rich you wouldn't last too long. The fact that our ancestors survived all that they did is truly amazing. I would time travel if it was only for a a short while, the past would be fascinating as too would the future, but with the future your family aren't around and that would be sad, although interesting if there were descendants.


Can you tell I have been watching Timeless and Who do you think you are??

Image result for time travel

7 comments:

  1. Very interesting!
    I would go back to the past without hesitation!! Spend more time with the love ones that are sadly no longer with us would be my dream. Saying that, if I was lucky to have a Delorean, the future could be fun to see too! :) Would have to make sure I don't unravel the space-time continuum :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe there's always a catch to these things :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, I'd like to do both. My first thought is to go back just far enough to take my dog to the vet before he got so sick he just gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The past for me. I'm a history buff, so I want to go back and see the things I've read about.

    I've been working on my family history and I'm at the point where I really need to go to Europe to go further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I am looking to my familys genealogy, I have a subscription to ancestry for UK records if you need anything looking up, but I am thinking you actually mean mainland europe :) its all fascinating stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, both. I need to get to Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland and Germany for sure.

      Delete
  5. Well email me if you need anything, I'm happy to pop into a records office too if need be :) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...