16 Apr 2016

Surprised is an understatement.

Hello!

I have mentioned one or two times that I have in the last few months discovered Flosstube and have a few people I always watch, and every now and again I will get a recommendation and I have to say...I do like them. What I like most is seeing their stash, their WIPs, their finishes and oh yes....pretty much everything!

As I watch, I do make mental notes on the patterns, the kits, the methods they use, the speciality threads and the hand died fabrics. I wouldn't call myself a beginner stitcher as I have been stitching (albeit inconsistently) since I was 14, but my poor organisation skills and attention span of a gnat sometimes may make it seem like its all new to me. Also, for someone with so many years of stitching behind her, my stash is quite small. I literally showed you everything I have during my March Madness - there was maybe five things that you didn't see and of course all the books,,,the books,,,full of patterns I would like to stitch.

Anyway, in this time I have never stitched with anything other than DMC or Anchor or on any fabric other than white/cream or biscuit colours. I think I did have two stitchy projects (still do!) that are on hand died fabric that was given to me over a year ago when I was in hospital and I am so grateful for those.

So what happened, what was the surprise? I received some post today and was wondering what it could be as I hadnt ordered anything and believe me....I get gifts on birthdays and christmas but only from my mother and sister and NEVER in the post...so I opened it and.....

WOW!!! 

Some very kind and generous person out there has RAK'd me!!! ME?! Little old me getting to be a recipient of a Random Act of Kindness is newsworthy stuff. I called CNN and Sky News but alas they weren't convinced. So I am sharing it here with you guys instead :)

I can't tell you who it was because I don't know as it was from 'Anonymous' but if it was you, then I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you a million times thank you! You've surprised me and bought a tear to my eye too...so did I say thank you? This has never happened to me before and its so kind.

Oh....I should tell you what I was gifted with right?....

I was gifted with some fabric from Chromatic Alchemy, it is 28 count Lugana (18" x 26") in Vincent.

The person obviously must know me, or read my blog on the numerous times I mentioned that I am a fan of Van Gogh and have recently started stitching one over one piece....but I digress! The fabric is a mix of blues, greys and gold and is based on 'Starry Starry Night' and is gorgeous it really is and looks like this. I took photo's but will post them another time as my phone is arguing with my computer and they pics aren't coming through. The main difference I think is that the picture below (taken from Chromatic Alchemy's site) shows the colours as being much darker and the fabric is a much paler blue.


I should really try and get a pic uploaded...hang about...ok, so my pictures show the same shading as the site, but the reality is a more baby blue.





My biggest dilemma now is what to stitch on it!

So once again, many many many thanks to the person who RAK'd me this fabric, you are truly wonderful! x

9 comments:

  1. RAKs are the most fun, both to give and to get and yours was wonderful. What gorgeous fabric! Anonymous obviously pays attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have given them in the past Bea and its great, just a surprise to get one.

      Delete
  2. What a nice surprise :) The fabric is gorgeous!!! Wonder what you will use it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im still deciding, I had an idea but Im not so sure..hmmm...its a tough one!

      Delete
  3. Wow, the fabric is gorgeous! Whatever you stitch must share the glory with the fabric because they both deserve to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is part of the difficulty I am having in finding something complimentary.

      Delete
  4. What a nice surprise! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool! That is a beautiful fabric and always fun to get RAK'd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really nice, especially as its so much paler than the pic shows. It has been fun being RAK'd.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...