3 Jun 2015

10 craft ideas to try (13)


Before I start here is a link to the other Sandringham photos: Sandringham Photos If you are asked for a password it is 'Plantlife'.

I've made no secret of my love of Pinterest and it is a great source of inspiration, and I have even tried some ideas in the past. There is actually really funny pics of 'Pinterest fails' but I am glad to say that I have been luckier than that. Check out the some fails here

All that aside, here are 10 crafty ideas that I am hoping to try....

1. A new home for my wool. 
I have seen many ideas but I like the idea of displaying it in some sort of shaded way such as presented in this image. Another good way is to use a pin board but this to me seemed less hassle. How do you store your wool?

Wool storage

Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

2. Pretty crochet ideas.
I taught myself how to crochet....sort of...I need more practice and I need to work out how to read a crochet pattern! Its double dutch to me but it is something that I want to improve on and become better at as some crafts that I think I might try such as amigurumi are all crocheted. I saw this crochet on pinterest and the colours alone drew me in. Can you crochet? How did you learn?

Sophie's Garden Photo Tutorial

Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

3. Snowflake perfection.
I don't know about you but every christmas when I try to make snowflakes they always come out okay and I always have to double check how i am folding the paper and where  should be cutting. I have pinned this for future reference, So watch out Christmas 2015!

Fun for snow days!
Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

4. Relief tiles
I used to like ceramics at school but throwing pots never appealed to me, I much preferred relief work and had some success with it. When I come across pins such as this one it makes me think of giving it another try.

Celtic Knotwork Tree Tile. Lots of beautiful knot inspired tile at this site.
Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

5. Polymer clay
I have seen some amazing things made with this stuff, I am not convinced mine would be anywhere near recognisable but to try it and know how hard it is can give you a new found respect for such things.

Eva Thissen - Starry Night Whimsical polymer clay cookie brooch -amazing intricate work-beautiful.

Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

6. Glass jars
I like these as I like blue glass and it is probably a good idea for parties or themed events as they are easy to make and relatively low cost yet can set a scene. The only problem i have with this particular design is that it looks like it could get messy if you don't have a steady hand for all that filigree like stuff.

We could definitely make some of these by the dozen!
Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

7. Christmas crafts
As christmas approaches I think about tree decorations, I used to collect one a year until the fire of 2013...lol! and I have another bad habit of leaving it too late, I should really start making these things in the Summer. This decoration I do like and hope to attempt this year so give me a nudge if you don't see a post about it. 

Santa's Coat Ornament

Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

8. Toilet roll ideas
Please please bare with me on this one...yes, I know that toilet roll crafts have a tendency to look cheap and tacky but it is a toilet rolll! I remember at school making a snowman and a Santa out of them. I do like to recycle however and so if I could find a good use for them....this one is kinda fun? no? Whats your best recycling tip?
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts #diy

Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

9. Kinder egg insides
Another recylcing idea...this combines number 8 and number 2...cute and there are so many ideas.


Kinder Surprise amigurumi - the universe really wants me to be thinking about Kinder Surprise eggs!

Please click on the image to take you to the board with all the details.

10. Sand Art
I have opted for this one, and a how-to on making coloured sand because whilst on our recent holiday they had this Sand Art as a kids craft and I helped my nieces with it. It was easy to do as the bowls were sunken in a table top so mess was minimal, and the picture was a peel off the part you want to be a certain colour and it will be sticky and then pour sand on and shake off the excess and hey presto kind of picture. The results were nice and I thought the girls would enjoy doing it again.

How to Make Your Own Colorful Sand Repinned by Apraxia Kids Learning. Come join us on Facebook at Apraxia Kids Learning Activities and Support- Parent Led Group.


Is there a craft that you want to try? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! There are some great ideas there, especially the snow flakes. I've pinned a few to help me too. Pinterest is great and dangerous at the same time. Good luck attempting any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I don't have a crafty bone in my body. The only reason why I can cross stitch is because I see it more as pattern reading or color by numbers than actual craft. I always wanted to learn to quilt, but since I can't sew, I'm pretty much screwed on that front. Same with knitting and crocheting...I was taught to cross stitch after epic fails of my step-dad's mother trying to teach me to knit and crochet. Then she tried to teach me embroidery, but I never could do all the different stitches required. So she basically told me a monkey could cross stitch and so this monkey performed as ordered and it kind of stuck.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...