20 Jan 2016

Stitchy update...

Hello!

Well.. thanks to all those who commented on my SAL suggestion blog...I can announce that I subscribed to the 'abc' and the Frosted Pumpkin 'Passport Pals' and the hardanger stitch along.

I am also pleased to say that I have started the abc and passport pals...I wanted to start the hardanger but I need to order the fabric so that is on the to-do list.

I started the 'abc' first whilst I waited for the first part of passport pals to be published, and I don't know what i was thinking!

I chose the fabric based on it looking the right colour (I have no idea of count or where I purchased it from) and began to stitch...2 over 1...thats right...2 over 1...I don't know what I was thinking...it is actually quite nice but very small and I am debating redoing this 2 over 2...I might as well as its not quite finished...but here is how far I have gotten.



Then whilst I waited for passport pals...I opened the christmas kit taht I was given, its a design based on the artits Lowry, he painted street scenes of Manchester, and i like their simplicity. Such is it that the stitching has no confetti or dithering and if I dedicate some more time to it, I am hoping that it should stitch up quickly.

Here is what it should look like finished:


And here is my progress...its the left side of the yellow house...

The photo colour isn't so great!

Then finally the passport pals....


I still have the border and the text and to finish London but its not far off being done..I did change the skin colour as my niece wanted it to be the same as her and also...I used a fabric I had sitting in my stash bag and not that which was suggested...this fabric I do know is whatever was recommended to stitch a mirabilia on...which i hadn't gotten around to!

I can see how having a rotation can help you to get more done, it stops you getting bored, or at least thats the idea!

SO....I wrote this on Monday...and I also wrote my Top 10 but on paper...I thought yesterday I would have time but...I went to a course that I have just started in London and it was awesome but...a really long day...so this is for now and Top 10 Tuesday will follow tonight! 

11 comments:

  1. Hello Kate,
    Your WIP's are looking great! I can't wait to see more progress. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to do more! As soon as i posted this i havent picked up a needle! what is going on, doh! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello dear
    Your wips are looking awesome
    Happy stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wips look great - and it's great to see someone else doing the Pumpkin Passport - so far I have got most of the wording done and some of the borders! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have done the words and borders first but...I wanted to stitch the icon first! lol I still have a lot to do before next week.

      Delete
  4. 3 terrific new starts. It's going to be fun watching these grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to work on them! I keep making plans. Maybe tonight I can spend an hour or two with Lowry.

      Delete
  5. Great starts on these and I need to start the hardanger SAL as well. I'm having trouble deciding my fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to order mine...must do that before the SAL finishes!
      :o

      Delete
  6. Great starts and good luck on the SALs!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...