6 Jan 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge...the last of 2014

Good morning!

I am admittedly late with this, what with it being 2015, but here it is all the same :)

1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.

I love Christmas in its entirety but I do like going out very late at night to drop copious amounts of presents off for my nieces, i can see why Santa has had  the same job for so long ;)

2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?

Berlin Wall coming down, death of Princess Diana, and 9/11 are the first three that spring to mind.
3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?

I like the colour but I think it is not a great paint colour, I wouldn't put it on walls, but accessories in this colour are a definite yes. You won't find this colour anywhere in my home, not because I have avoided it but because other colours have snuck in, I can imagine getting some cushions to accessorize in the spring.

4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.

I don't have any children and its unlikely that I ever will, so I will have to choose ancestors by default, and a part of me thinks that their lives would be interesting as they had so many challenges to face that we don't and I doubt my hypothetical great grandchildren would either.

5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?

You are mentally stronger than you think and both body and mind can bounce back from the darkest of places.

6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?

I bought some perfume, okay, I bought a lot of perfume in one go...as in hundred of pounds worth...and it was wonderful!

7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?

I have not planned anything this year, after the fiasco that was last year, but I am looking forward to being happy and healthy.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I usually have random thoughts in abundance but at this moment I am struck with a blank mind... but will say that I do like Nina Simone (who I am currently listening to) and is there anything as comforting as porridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...