17 Dec 2014

What about....(Wednesday Hodgepodge)

Hello! You may have noticed that for the last few weeks I have only managed a Wednesday hodgepodge post and the main reason is....drum roll please...I don't have anything to say! Actually that's not entirely true, but I have been saving you the time reading through rants and dross. 

1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen? 

I am not sure what the category for nomination as person of the year is, and seeing as the Ebola fighters implies more than one in its title then maybe (if you are as pedantic as I am!) it shouldn't be them. I don't know who as a substitute and it would require research for me to properly answer, hours spent weighing up the why's and why not's, only for me to decide they are all deserving! Its now becoming clear to me why I am not on that panel...hehehe.

2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home?  Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today! 

Something old...well, most things not lost in the fire of 2013...or the burglary of 2013...hehehe...I would say...hmmmm...I do have a candle stick that I bought about 20 years ago (that doesnt seem possible!) that I am partial to.

Something new...my rug...its multicoloured and everytime I see it I smile. That's an odd choice I know but no less true.

Something borrowed...I don't have anything borrowed, I have to return things, I hate owing people!

Something blue...I don't have a lot of blue as I tend to go for greens, or orange or creams and whites...can I choose blue pens? I hate to write in black pen.

3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?  

I am not a fan of fudge unless its the childrens sweet fudge. However, I do like the blog 'People don't eat enough fudge', does that count?

4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.  How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks? 

I was 12 when I first went an a plane, it was with a friend and her family and it was a short flight to Spain. I do like to fly and have been on a fair few since that first one. The most memorable was when we were due to fly home from the Dominican Republic, there had been a storm the previous night and a tree had fallen and blocked the road that lead to the airport. We had to drive to a small airfield several hours away and then fly to the main airport to catch our flight.

There were about 12 people on the plane and it was very much like a small bus in size, on the flight back it started to rain and then there was thunder and lightning that we flew through, it was amazing and a bit nerve wracking.

5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?

No, we don't really. I wish we did, it would have made my life easier if I had less choice!

6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?

I need to sort out the last Christmas gift I have to get, and it has to be today as we are running out of time!

7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.

I have an epiphany.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I have been listening to the very popular podcast, 'Serial' about a teenager who was charged with murdering his ex-girlfriend 15 years ago. It is totally fascinating and the reason why people are hooked. There is one episode remaining and I am none the wiser. The only thing I keep thinking is that I couldn't say without a doubt that he is guilty of the crime, there is doubt all over the place. It is so messy a case. I am also wondering how we ever solved crimes without phones, CCTV and computers! ha! 

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya on the Hodgepodge, although my excuse for skipping it has been far more negative!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...