21 May 2013

From beyond the grave....+GBF part 17.25

Hello,

I feel like I have neglected so many people lately, but the move is imminent and once done I shall be back with vengeance. I am so glad to those who still take time to stop by my blog, read my scribbling’s and even comment.

I tend to use this as my journal and so regular readers will know that if I write something, you will read it, even in its raw state. I have one I really want to share with you but apparently I am supposed to keep some of these things to myself until they are finished and in a final presentational state. It has been so hard not to share it!

Seriously, so hard…as some sort of consolation I have written a few hundred words of Girls Best Friend! It’s not much, but its okay… (reminds me of a song)…

Friday night you used to stop by here to read, uh
Would you like it?
But it was never regular-i-ly, what I did
If six of y'all read it, uh
Then four of you were really sweet, yeah
'Cause twas two of you made comments
And two decided they would tweet

It's not much, but it's okay
I'm gonna post it anyway
Sit right down drink your tea
And don't be scared about Mark or our Millie
It's not much, but it's okay
I'm gonna post it anyway
Close the door behind you, sit and read
I'd rather give you this so you aren’t unhappy, yeah, uh

I'll ask you to email so I can send you updates every week, yes I am
The mailing list will close so don’t say to me
Why'd you stop posting about Millie
You see Elvis was one of her friends
Best dog you’d ever meet, boy
And now Millie has a case of mistaken I.D., oh
I've mentioned this all before

Don't think about it, don't think about it
Get listed, get listed
Things have got to change baby
You have to subscribe to my mailing
Say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Don't you be the last to find out
There's more to come from Justin, Justin, Rob and Millie

Is it really worth you missing out like that, tell me, oh
See I'm writing on
And I refuse to turn back, yeah
See all of this time I thought I had somebody still reading
It turns out, I was making a fool of me, oh
Join up okay
Mailing list today
Write an email, send it to me
Don't you worry, soon be back to Millie

It's not much, it's okay I'm gonna, I'm gonna, uh
Close your door and drink your tea
Rather be receiving updates, yippee
It's not much, It's okay baby I can email my own account
Join the list now
Take care of my business, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh Lord, oh Lord, ooo
Give it up and leave
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Rather be subscribed, than unhappy

Its gonna be okay, Its gonna be alright Its gonna be okay, Its gonna be alright Its gonna be okay, Its gonna be alright Doo, doo, doo, doo Its gonna be okay, Its gonna be alright Its gonna be okay, Its gonna be alright Its gonna be okay, Its gonna be alright
Doo, doo, doo

It's not much, but it's okay
I'm gonna post it anyway
Sit right down drink your tea
And don't be scared about Mark and our Millie
It's not much, but it's okay
I'm gonna post it anyway
Close the door behind you, take your tea
I'd rather give you this so you aren’t unhappy, yeah, uh


I hope you enjoyed my version of Whitneys song…Oh dear…I just don’t want anyone to miss out and then tell me that they never knew. So I implore you, if you think you would like to read more about Millie then send me an email at AuthorMarjieMyers@gmail.com and I shall add you to the mailing list. Better to be on it than not. You will also receive exclusive content and stories that won’t be shared on the blog.

So, without further ado, here are those few hundred words…Its not much, but its okay…(don’t start that again!)…


“…hang on, wait…how do you know all this? Are you just making it up as you go along Mark?” Millie had her suspicions that this story could be genuine but hadn’t all her most revealing moments been in the stationery cupboard at Rob, Roberts and Robertson? Millie didn’t believe that Mark would lie to her.

“It’s the truth!” Mark exclaimed, “last Christmas work party, Rob got really drunk and told me the story, although at the time I thought I t was pure fiction…it turns out its all true...do you want to hear the rest?”

Millie looked at the road and saw that they were in a place called Alcobendas, “How long till Madrid?” “about 30 minutes…do you want to hear the rest of this story?”, “hmmm…” Millie was distracted, “Pull over here Mark, I need to get something…you can finish telling me the story later.” Mark pulled over and Millie leapt out, she dashed into the Famacia Serrano Sanchez and left Mark staring hopelessly after her. She wasn’t long as she had seen what she wanted straight away and she jumped back in the car clinging to her plastic shopping bag. “Well…what was that all about?” Mark asked, “I needed something, now lets go, I can’t wait to get a shower…I feel like I haven’t washed in a month”, Mark just shook his head, squinted a little at her secrecy and drove on to the hotel that they were to stay in.

Mark checked them in to separate rooms and as he handed the key over to Milie he said, “ and don’t think of running off Millie…I want to help you find your dog, I want to help Mr Rob and I want that diamond.” And he turned and headed off to his room leaving Millie open-mouthed in the hallway. So, the truth was out, Mark was only helping her because he wanted to get his mitts on the diamond and not because (as she had naively began to think) that he was her friend and genuinely a good guy. She wasn’t about to run off. She had to meet with one of the kidnappers, maybe even Anne again, outside the Royal Palace of Madrid at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...