10 Apr 2013

Knowing when to quit!

How is the best way to start such a post as this? I guess I should go straight to the point and that is that I am no longer able to participate in this years A to Z Challenge.

Now if I had been better organized I would have all my posts written and waiting and I would need to do very little and not worry about it. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and I have so much going on that if I try to continue then it will all suffer instead of just one thing.
So I leave all the A to Z’ers merrily beavering away, I wholeheartedly recommend you check out some of those participating, and I hope to see you here again regardless of whether its an A to Z post.
If you are wondering what is keeping me busy;
·         Lack of sleep
·         Moving
·         New Job
·         Novel rewrites
·         Flash fiction
·         Girls Best Friend
·         DFQWBS tale
·         A play
·         Music reviews
·         Pending podcast
·         And I won’t even begin to list the different stories I still have to get out of my head!
Everything is happening all at once and things that I enjoy are suffering and so I am retiring from the Challenge….but one of the great things about it is that you can discover new blogs and I will check some out still and you should too!

Am I doing the right thing? Will you still visit?  How are you getting on? Leave your blog address in the comments for me to come check it out.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of stuff! Sometimes you have to step back from something, don't you? I'm intrigued by the pay - are you writing it or acting in it, or both?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Or at least in this case. The play I am writing and hopefully might be involved in directing but the acting is best left to this who can do it! Lol

      Delete
  2. can't wait to read "the play what you wrote"!and yes, something has gotta give. The novel needs to get published as you have already tentatively started on the sequel :-)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I know...I know...apparently 24hrs in a day isnt quite enough :D

      Delete
  3. Seriously? Yours is the only challenge posts I've been reading faithfully!! I might have withdrawal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I might throw a couple in just for you then! lol

      Delete
    2. I'd better see pics of a completely moved in and redecorated house with all your free time!

      Delete
  4. Aww... I must say that I will really miss Them and US! I discoevered some new shows, remebered some oldies and have been waiting for some letters to come to see your picks. But I also can undersatnd. sometimes life is just to busy and you have to give up on something in order to get the rest done. And some things on your list really got me interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate that. I may just do a bundle post on a Sunday of my favourite US shows with the letters from the week :)

      Delete
  5. Not your year is all. Maybe 2014?

    Regards,

    Christine London

    A-Z Challenge "I" is for Ice Cream (http://christinelondon.com/i-is-for-ice-cream )
    Christine's Amazon Author Central Page: http://tinyurl.com/ccq2or8
    Tweet sweet with her: https://twitter.com/ChristineLondon
    Fan a FB Page of Christine-isms: http://tinyurl.com/bunvanf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm...Its definitely my year just not for the A to Z every day thing, I managed it last year and that was enough, if I had little else going on then maybe :D

      Thanks for stopping by and my, what a lot of links!

      Delete
  6. Good Luck . . . . . See you back on the blog soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Ive not quit the blog - just the A to Z and only really the daily posting bit. But thanks :)

      Delete
  7. Ha! You don't get rid of us that easily. A-Z or no A-Z, I'll be back. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...