4 Mar 2013

Girls Best Friend: Part 9.5

'Ok, Justin, I'll go with you' she said relieved that now she wouldn't have to worry alone, 'Have I got time to just go to the loo?' she asked. She had an unreliable bladder, whenever she was near a toilet it was empty and whenever the furthest point from one, full to the brim. If she had hours to kill she never needed it until the last 30 seconds of time she had and this situation was no different.
'Be quick...we need to get out of here before someone recognises you!' he said.

Millie had grabbed some change on the way to the toilets and was looking at the euro coin in her hand with bemusement when she was grabbed and pulled into the shadows. She opened her mouth to scream and a warm firm hand was placed across it muffling her voice. Millie tried to make out the face in the darkness and then as it drew in close and she was nose to nose she recognised the face. It was her high school sweetheart Justin Anwalt but everyone had called him Jay.

‘JAY!? What are you doing here?’ she asked, even though she had thought she had seen him earlier in the station and had tried to dodge him. She hated running into old school friends, because she always thought like she hadn’t done anything important with her life, and even though they had been together for a long time she still didn’t want to have to face him.

‘Millie Banlaoch’ he said, leaning into her and possessing her with his eyes, ‘Are you trying to tell me that you didn’t see me earlier? I’d know you in the dark’ he breathed heavily.

The one thing about Millie and Jay was that they had chemistry. She had forgotten how much until this moment when she was pinned against the wall, looking into his eyes of deepest blue and as she inhaled she smelt his familiarity and was reminded of their first kiss. She lightly shook her thoughts from their path and said,

‘hmm..gnsf..hjadgia..jcowifj’ and raised her eyebrows.

‘Sorry, I forgot’ he said as he removed his hand from her mouth.

‘Whats with all the grabbing and shoving Jay, couldn’t you just say Hi, fancy bumping into you here, you know, like a normal person?’

‘No, I couldn’t. I need you to come back to the UK with me.’ And he frowned at her.

‘What? Why?’

‘Millie, I am a police officer, I have been sent here specifically to get you and take you back. What the HELL have you been doing?’

Millie hated it when he took that patronising tone with her and she became defiant, ‘ I am doing what I bloody well like!’she retaliated.

His body language screamed, 'I am so frustrated with you right now' as his arms gently swung by his sides and then kept jumping from hips to folded across his chest to hips again.

‘Breaking the law is what you like now is it?’ he said with the same tone.

‘What?!...oh!...that is a simple misunderstanding…it’s a case of mistaken identity’ and she couldnt believe that afte all these years she was still expected to answer to him.

‘Really? Just come back with me Millie, lets sort it out and then I can finally get some sleep and stop worrying about you!’

Millie didn’t miss the sentiment or the inflection in his voice and it was sweet but she thought unnecessary. Jay had always been a take charge man and she had liked that about him but she was aware that she had Justin Held waiting for her at the bar, and she couldn’t just go off with another Justin. No, she would have to stay or at least go and explain.

‘You don’t need to worry about me Jay' Millie began, 'I have a friend who is looking after me, Justin Held he is a Private Investigator. I will be ok so you needn’t worry.’

‘What? Whats his name?...where is he? Let me meet him.’ he pratically barked at her and made her uneasy.

‘Jay..No. You cannot meet him, he will think that I don’t trust him and I do, you just let me handle this ok. I shall go and explain it all to him and we shall be fine.’

‘I should meet him, I am coming with you, lets go.’

Millie wasn’t going to let him dictate to her what was or was not going to happen. She didn’t want the Justins to meet either as that would be awkward, for her at least.

‘Look Jay, what will happen if I go with you?’ Millie searched his face for clues as she waited for his reply.

‘What do you mean if? You are coming with me and that is final. I will make sure you won’t get into any trouble.’

‘Really, can you?’ Millie wasnt feeling like she could trust him.

‘Of course’ he declared, ‘now come on, show me where he is.’

She had gone out with Jay for four years from the age of 16 to 20 and had naively thought that they would be together forever. Then one day he broke up with her because he didn’t want to have a girlfriend in his twenties, he said he wanted to play the field. She thought he might have changed over the years. But luckily for her he hadn’t, Jay had a tell-tale habit that he would do whenever he was lying; he would sniff. As soon as he had said of course, he had sniffed, and she knew it wasn’t due to a cold. Jay started walking away.

‘NO!’ she insisted and held out a hand to stop him. ‘I am going alone, to tell him, it’s only fair Jay. I will be all of five minutes and then we can go.’

He scuffed his feet a bit on the ground as he considered what she was saying and Millie kept her cool, she turned to go and he grabbed her wrist, ‘Hey! Look Jay, are you saying you don’t trust me? Me? The poor naïve little girlfriend who you left to sow your wild oats?!’ she had to play it up and emotional blackmail was the only thing she knew that used to work on him. Jay released her wrist and she held her breath in until she was heading back to the pub.

‘There you are Millie, I thought you’d done a runner on me’ laughed Justin back at the bar.

‘I haven’t Justin, but we are about to…’

Dont forget,
If you want some behind the scenes insights then follow me @marjiemyers on Twitter (or my facebook page - see sidebar) and find out what happens to Millie inbetween scenes! You may even get to help her make big choices on her adventure.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It does indeed - like lumpy custard! lol

      Delete
  2. Well which Justin to trust eh? Liking it a lot:,hi p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust neither!!!...Justin-case....:D.....................Looking forward to part 10.....have adopted suitable dangling position........lovin' it Kate! ( not the dangling)..

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...