17 Mar 2013

Day 6: Home again!

Morning!

Happy St Patricks Day to all those who celebrate it. Have a drink for me :D

Todays tour stop is for GigBlogUK

I spoke to Fee and I suggested that I could create a playlist for one of the two short stories. I opted for the Horror story: Young 80.

I have added notes on the playlist that indicate which scene the song is related to and they are listed in the order they would play through the story.

There are two tracks that I could not find on YouTube but if you look at the description on the playlist page on the main site you will see which songs they are and where they slot it.

If you have read the story you might be able to relate the scenes to the music, you might disagree completely - but either way feel free to let me know in the comments section below. Maybe there is a song that is not on there that you instantly thought of or you are thinking would be good for a particular scene. I want to know.

Just briefly I shall explain how went about selecting the songs for my playlist or at least as briefly as I can be :)

When selecting the music I decided that I would do so from music that I had been listening to in 2012 (when the story was written) and that had been released in 2012.

Having listened to the playlist several times myself I am happy with it but I must add that for me, the choice was not lyrically based. I went on the music, the feel that it generated and the tempo that best suited the emotional state of the main character Anna during each scene.

I hope that I have done so, so for those who have read the story, you will be the best judges. If you haven't read it yet then maybe listening to this playlist will give you an insight into the overall feel of the story. Maybe you could let us know what you think the story is about based purely on the playlist? Anyway,  have a listen and let me know!



I hope to see you all again on Tuesday when we are visiting the blog of fellow writer Annalisa Crawford.

Thanks

Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...