20 Apr 2012

R is for...


Ok, brace yourselves, you are in for a real treat this lovely Friday in April...what is it?...only the sound of my "sweet" voice! I recorded an intro for my radio show should it ever exist and it won't happen again! But for those who are curious and want to put a sound to these words...here it is!




I could only get it to work if I made it into a YouTube vid. Anyway, back to business people!

Why this job?

My desire to become a radio dj stems from my love of music. I like all varieties (pretty much) and I love new music. I can think of nothing better than listening to music all day and getting paid for it. I understand that there are some other things that you have to do, and admittedly it isnt as easy as I thought. You don't want to know how many attempts it took to get this recorded!

Why I would be good at this job.

I am passionate about music and I would like to believe that I could relay this through my "show". I hate adverts that interrupt songs so you would be guaranteed uninterrupted listening - as much as possible at least.

Why I wouldn't be good at this job.

Did you even listen to the video?? Really!? The adverts would send me potty, playing the same song over and over because we have to would also drive me slightly mad (madder?).
Do you remember at the beginning of the month, when I was going to be a chef, an event planner, a hotelier, an investigator? and I mentioned that I didn't cope well with late nights...yeah, it seems that this is another one of those jobs that could have me staying up past my bedtime. 

What type of music do you enjoy? I like a lot of artists purely for their lyrics, do you? and if so who and any in particular?

8 comments:

  1. WOW! GREAT Post! I am so impressed with your video. You did a super job!

    Music......I'd have to say that James Taylor is my fav. Followed by Wynonna. I also like Rascal Flatts.
    I'm afraid I'm not really up on current music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I actually have a diploma in radio broadcasting...unfortunately because I never used it! Not a good job for a social phobe!

    I'm a total lyric whore! That's why I love Darren Hayes so much, but it never hurts to have a pretty face as well, hence the Take That love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent , loved your voice, the post also was a big WOW.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All

    Tammy: You shouldnt be! I decided to listen to it again and am still cringing, its just awkward. lol!

    keebs: Seriously woman, is there nothing you cant do? We can have a radio show - you can be the producer! ;)

    Yvonne: Thank you, I dont know what possessed me!

    I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, and sweet voice, I like all kinds of music, and Roger Waters lyrics are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I did listen to the track. You have a lovely voice. Now I can put a voice to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart Weezer. I think you have a great voice for this goal.

    A to Zer! prose-spective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, finally. Got to hear your voice, Kate. Awesome! :D Great job on the video. Oh, Radio Disc Jokey.. I'd love that job. At least no one would get to see my face, just my music. But would be fired 'cause I'd be playing my favs..lol
    I have an eclectic taste in music, but it's the lyrics that pull me in. Oh, I love Queen! Actually I'd be fired because of play the music all day long!LOL

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...