19 Apr 2012

Q is for...


Why this job?

There aren't that many jobs that begin with the letter Q. The first one that came to mind for me was 'Quiz Master'. As much as I love a good quiz, I think it would become quite monotonous after awhile and I have had my fair share of monotonous jobs. Admittedly, a quaintrelle is not exactly a job but in this day and age people (think reality TV stars) make careers out of doing nothing but it sounds so nice.  I consider this more a job than a career, and for me or someone like me this is a challenging prospect. And by someone like me I mean someone who has about 10 items or less in their wardrobe and have had the same 10 items or less for about the last 10 years. Finely dressed might be a stretch but co-ordinating an outfit with accessories and making it look effortless is definitely something I aspire too. I like to use my size an excuse but I always notice bigger women who are dressed well and admire them for having that fashion confidence that I crave. I also think that your fashion sense can tell something about you and I am worried that mine doesn't do me any justice.


Why I would be good at this job.

This is hard to answer. I think my main skill into pulling this off is my ability to act oblivious, followed closely by my ability to turn it all into a big joke if I end up looking more drag than queen. I am a creature of habit, so if I had a system then I would be able to keep with it till forever. I can be creative.


Why I wouldn't be good at this job.

This is easy to answer. I am indecisive. I always fall back on old favourites. I could find an excuse. I over analyse things, even dress sense. Like most things, the enthusiasm and commitment would be there but if it failed to remain interesting (or ineffective) then I would give up all too easily. Any negative looks, attitudes or questions regarding said attire would put me off. 


Have you a strong fashion sense? Do you have old favourites? How old is the oldest item in your wardrobe? What colour do you feel most confident in? Do you think there is any hope for me?

10 comments:

  1. Great Q word and well written.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha--the way your comment thing is set up--it is too hard for my old memory---i don't know if i can remember all of the last questions--i don't think i have a very great fashion sense, well maybe i do--i just can't wear all the things i recognize as fashionable--i love red--and there is always hope, isn't there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Q word!! I'm not sure I can pronounce it very well, lol :)
    I do not have a good fashion sense at all! And for a teenager, that's never the best thing that could happen.

    So nice to meet you!

    http://writeskatedream-jmckendry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All,

    yvonne: Thank you :)

    lynn: ALWAYS! Its what I cling to! lol :)

    Jess: Hi Jess and welcome, take risks with fashion now!! At least then you can put it down to youthful exuberance :) and nice to meet you too.

    I better get on with the letter 'R'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have absolutely no fashion sense! I wear scrubs and tennies every day (which, BTW, is the most comfortable wardrobe anyone could have!).

    Plus, I just got rid of my last piece of high school attire, and I'm in my early (very early) 40's!

    Am is the clothes hound...and my god her shoes! I have like three pair, she has hundreds!

    For some reason I pictured you a total fashion guru!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my own style...artsy, sometimes classic. My goal is to never look like someone else! I have never heard of your ''Q" word...I learned something new! Just stopping by from the Challenge...
    MakingTheWriteConnections

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat Q word. While I have an appreciation for style, I also know it's not the clothes that makes the person- it's the person that makes the person. I myself like to wear old favorites too- nowadays, I prefer basics and classic styles over the super trendy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, there is hope for you Kate. :)
    I love old favourites as well. they are more comfy and 'broken in' -like a shoe..haha. No, seriously. I like old because I'm used to that and I've had it for a while, therefore, no failure there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope. No fashion sense here! Would love to look nicer, but it'll probably never happen. I'm just plain ole me.

    I had never heard of your "Q" word and I love learning new things.

    ps.....my profession is Quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wondering what you would do for Q. I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...