Here are the rules..
- The prompt is a line from the previous week's winning tale.
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge, which means your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 250.
- Incorporate the prompt anywhere into your story (included in your word count).
- Post your story in the comments section of this post
- Include your word count (or be excluded from judging)
- Include your Twitter handle or email (so we know how to find you)
- The challenge is open 7 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time
- The winner will be announced on Friday, depending on how early the judge gets up. ;)
So grab that cuppa and I hope you are sitting comfortably...all though its only 250 words so drink half the cup before you start to read this and the remaining half after...in celebration that you made it through :)
This is my first time so be kind...heheh...actually just be honest!
Then let us begin....
"They deserved to die."
The backdrop of the city, its lights shimmering in the moonlight, inspired him.
His compulsion may have lead him to nights like this but it was the showman in him that wanted each victims last memory to be their worst nightmare.
Tonight had been exceptional.
A last minute change of plans and Melody ended up walking home with two friends. He could have cancelled, found his satisfaction elsewhere, but the thought of taking all three made his skin crackle with undeniable glee.
If he had a moment of doubt, the girls never noticed it.
When he reached home, adrenaline coursing through his veins, he felt victorious. Blood and saliva trickled down his chin and he smeared away the remnants with the back of his hand.
They were a sacrifice to his God and they deserved to die.
"THEY DESERVED TO DIE"
A soft whimper came from inside the bedroom and he slowly pushed the door ajar and leaned in, "shhh sweetheart, Daddy's home now".
165 words @tsk_show