8 May 2012

Reflections on the A to Z Challenge 2012



This was the first time that I have participated in the challenge. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for new and interesting blogs and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to find some. It meant creating a blog in order to participate. When I started the challenge the blog was called Suddenly Seeking.

Blog Summary Challenge Feedback

My top 5 most popular posts were…
  •  Z is for Zoologist
  •  W is for Writer
  • V is for Violinist
  •  A is for Actor
  • C is for Chef


My 5 least popular posts were…
  • H is for Hotelier
  • I is for Investigator
  • D is for Dancer
  • N is for Neurologist
  • M is for Movie Critic


My top 5 most commented on posts were…
  • V is for Violinist
  • A is for Actor
  • B is for Bookseller
  • W is for Writer
  • Tie for 5th: D is for Dancer & S is for Singer


My 5 least commented posts were…
  • L is for Life Coach
  • T is for Therapist
  • H is for Hotelier
  • P is for Potter
  •  R is for Radio Disc Jockey

My favourite posts of my own were…
  • F is for fairy because I really do like spinning around and granting wishes,
  • K is for Kickboxer  - this post was lost by Blogger but made a belated appearance after the T post and
  • R is for radio disc jockey – I recorded my voice for this one! And had to make a mini YouTube video.


My least favourite posts of mine were…
  • Z is for Zoologist – probably because this was the last post and I had no idea what I was going to write.
  • M is for Movie Critic because I really did not know what to say about that.
  • R is for Radio DJ – I hate the sound of my voice and there is one bit when I say 2012 which is cringeworthy!


I need to give a special thank you to


because these wonderful people commented practically everyday and really kept me going. I would also like to thank EVERYONE who stopped by to follow and to comment, its been a rollercoaster!



Now in response to Mr. Bird…

Pleasures…discovering other blogs
Pains…blogging and checking other blogs at the same time
Setbacks…scheduler didn’t work on one day whilst I was away
Gains…new inspiration and a few new blogging friends

Highlights are always the comments –they mean so much to me. I was surprised by some random blog themes that I wouldn’t have expected, such as Hamsters! I found 3 hamster blogs and a gerbil one! Next time, if I am able to I would write all of my posts in advance and schedule them (I only had time to do half in advance), I would also rewrite them or edit them or something. Each post was the first draft! Fortunately, bloggers were very generous and didn’t hold that against me.

I think the biggest frustrations that I have read about or heard about was being able to check all blogs and also, a lot of blogs had less traffic but were great. It was just that people didn’t have a chance to visit them. I do know that people are still working their way through the list. I wonder if maybe it could be limited entry or split into separate challenges per 500 blogs. Then you might have a better chance of reading others and being read.

Overall I did enjoy it because I discovered a few things about myself and felt quite inspired although that was too late for my writing! Lol

I would also like to thank those who organised the challenge because it definitely was a challenge. So thank you!



9 comments:

  1. Excellent reflections , I do hope you will be back next year, It was a pleasure to read your blogs.
    Thanks for the mention , very nice of you and much appreciated,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed every single day of the challenge and looked forward to reading them. Glad to have the NYC series to read next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok..comment attempt #5 - crap, I don't know what I said the first time! Something about yours was my favorite because you pushed your boundaries while I stayed in my comfort zone...something about wanting to be like you when I grew up (and stitch like Joyce)...something about not being biased about my review of your challenge (although I am biased)...ugh. Long story short (too late, I know!)...your challenge rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Joyce is the stitching queen for sure. I'm glad your biased! Haha thank you a million times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the statistics you've added! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, challenge is what it's all about. I still haven't made it through all the blogs that signed up. I think it's pretty cool that you started a blog to do the A to Z. What a way to break onto the scene.

    Thanks for being a part of this Challenge of 2012.


    Lee
    We need your feedback!
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...