8 May 2015

Unfriended [May contain spoilers]

[INTRODUCTION]

I went to see this film last night. It was the first film that I have seen in about two weeks and so I was really looking forward to it. I didn't have any idea what it would be other than having read a two line description. The online concept intrigued me and I was interested to see how it would play out.
[EXPECTATION]

My expectations were only that it would be interesting and hopefully well produced. I did not expect a HORROR! I should have read the small print.

[SUMMATION]


A teenage girl killed herself and the video is online – it has been a year since the incidence which the press say was caused by cyber bullying.


A group of friends video chat via skype and things start to get weird when they notice that there is someone else in their conference call.  By the end of the film they are all dead.

 [ADULATION & ABERRATION]

The adulation here has to be given to the crew that worked on producing the online parts of the film, as that was by far the best part of the movie. It was actually the reality of this that made the story much creepier than it might otherwise have been. The acting was ok, I mean they did the best they could with the script.

The worse part for me was the flimsy storyline. It relied very much on alluding to what could be behind this mysterious person, also the deaths of the teenagers were inconsistent and there was no explanation as to how they came to commit suicide. It indicated at some point that they may be possessed by the spirit of the dead girl but then later there was a person in their houses. It was inconsistent in relation to this and the graphic nature of the deaths is what made it a horror.

The film was very slow and drawn out, and the deaths and the build up to them did not create any sense of suspense, what should have been a film which you watched on the edge of your seat was a film that you watched when you glanced up from posting on facebook.

 [DEDUCTION]
The parts of the film that showed the main character using her laptop etc and checking all the sites was really well done. It was very realistic and it was that part that creeped me out and made me not mention the movies’ title when I said my score on Twitter! Lol So for that reason I give it….

Me – 4.5/10
IMDb - 6/10
Metascore - 59/100
Rotten Tomatoes - 62%
  • Audience score - 45%
  • Average score – 2.9/5

Once again I am with the audience here score wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...