2 Apr 2016

[#AtoZChallenge] B is for...Beauty & the Beast

This will come to no surprise to anyone that knows me as Beauty and the Beast is my second favourite Disney thing, my hands down no thing better Disney thing will appear during this challenge so watch out for it!

Why do I love this film? Well...when it was released in 1991 I was 15...and in love with books...IN LOVE with books! I could relate to Belles desire to escape into books and I had also read my way through the young children's and young adult section of the local library, I also used to go to a small book store after work and read books, I'd literally stand in the book shop reading or even sit on a step stool yet I never bought anything and they would let me do that! I think I would be evicted tout suite now.

And from the very first scene I was sold...I fell in love the the moody beast (and must say I have dated a lot of moody people - damn Disney!) and who doesn't love the stuffy British cogs worth and the sexy seductive French lumiere? If you say you don't...please leave...the rest  of you...dancing plates? A huge freakin library! And Christmas (I love Xmas! And I love her cape.) Even the baddies are funny...Gaston! Awwww...I think I like most things about the film...and papa?! And the whole thing about beauty coming from within...well us ugly girls have to have hope you know! Just everything. *Sigh* I really want to watch it now :)

The one thing that I do not like in an otherwise perfect film is...when the beast turns back into a prince and he's uglier than when he was a beast! 😳 Harsh I know but it really doesn't stop it from being true.

I couldn't decide between Belle or the Beast as to which I prefer but I think it has to be Belle. 

Surprisingly, I haven't tried to cross stitch anything B&B related. I'm not crazy about the official Thomas Kinkade Disney design for B&B but I do like the DoNa designed one so maybe...


Or


Or I just saw this quote and seriously...Belle is me...we just look different!


Weirdly I don't have anything Beauty & the Beast related...which now I think about it, is quite odd, as I've loved it for 25 years!! Oooh! It's 25 years this November! How very very odd. And I've been to Disneyworld and Eurodisney and I didn't buy a thing related! Keebs! How could you let me do that? Hehehehe 

Here are some non-stitchy crafts that I would like to try...

Food related...strawberry roses...


Looking Belle-icious in the kitchen....

http://pin.it/NEbfu3M

And finally a funky mask :)









14 comments:

  1. Great post Kate. You really should stitch the DoNa B&B. I have it started. They are so much fun to stitch and hard for me to put down.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely going on my list, once I finish one of the ones I worked on in March! I just have to be patient but I'm glad to hear it's fun to do.

      Delete
  2. Didn't Angela Lansbury sing in the 2002 version? I always knew her from Murder, She Wrote but she had quite the long and varied career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was Mrs Potts the teapot. Or the voice of at least!

      Delete
  3. Great post and choice! I completely agree about the prince at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and choice! I completely agree about the prince at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I EVER get your box in the mail, I can solve this issue too! If I keep finding new stuff to put in it and keep holding off sending it, it's going to be huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...you do make me giggle...no worries! I am not going anywhere :)

      Delete
  6. I love Beauty and the Beast, and the cross stitch with the quote is awesome.
    Vilje from http://viljes-bunny.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vilje - Ooh! Bunnies! I will be checking out your blog soon :) Yes, awesome quote.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...