During my 30 day list challenge I vaguely recollect covering fears and phobias, but these were my own, and today I have decided to look at ten really weird ones! People may think that my fluff and sticky hands and crumb phobias are weird...let me introduce you to.....
- Ablutophobia (from Latin ablutere 'to wash off") is the persistent, abnormal and unwarranted fear of bathing, washing, or cleaning.
This is a very unfortunate (for every one around you) phobia to have.
2. Hypnophobia also termed clinophobia or somniphobia, is the often irrational and excessive fear of sleep.
I am definitely scared of sleep, I love sleep, when I can get it uninterrupted.
3. Hylophobia, also known as xylophobia, ylophobia, and dendrophobia, is a psychological disorder defined by an irrational fear of wood, forest or trees.
I like forests and woods and although they can be creepy they also feel safe.
4. Phagophobia is a psychogenic dysphagia, a fear of swallowing.
I kinda get this one because I struggle with swallowing medication and have developed anxiety a little with it.
5. Carpophobia is a fear of wrists.
I think this one is defnitely for the niche market.
lol! This pic made me laugh but seriously, I am not a fan of feet at all, but scared of them...hmmm.
7. Globophobia is a fear of balloons.
I have nothing to say about this becuase....well....even I struggle to reason why on this!
Are root vegetables scary?
Anti-English sentiment or Anglophobia (from Latin Anglus "English" and Greek φόβος, phobos, "fear") means opposition to, dislike of, fear of, or hatred towards England or the English people.
Do you have any of these phobias? Have you got a really unusual phobia? Have you written your own list?