20 Feb 2013

Did I thank you?



Artwork is ALL my own! Copy at your own risk of ridicule

Hello…I know it’s not Friday and here I am again…I just have things on my mind, that I need to share, and if you don’t want to read on about my eBook situation then look away now but be sure to come back on Friday for part 8 of Girls Best Friend. I hope you have been enjoying the series so far and are going to be following along until the end…but anyway…

As you know, I am releasing an eBook of two short stories at the beginning of March and will be on tour on various blogs which are all hosted by some wonderful and talented people, I am so lucky that they agreed to have me it’s not too late if you want me to stop by, a review isn’t necessary, we could just have a chat? Ok, enough of that for now. I am grateful for those I have.

I recently made what I call a mistake and that has led to this post – I know many others who would tell you that it wasn’t – and I shall elaborate. You see, I saw a site that was talking about indie publishing and everything that you needed to do before you published anything. I can tell you hand on heart that I am glad that I never read that before I had started the ball rolling because it would have me screaming and running into the hills, never to be seen again without the promise of flumps and mashed potato.

Even as I write this I am panicking, I feel quite nervous, in over my head, out of my depth, digging my own grave etcetera etcetera…I am just quaking at the thought. I even had tingling finger tips when I thought about it which for me is a sure sign that I am shall we say bricking it. But I have crossed the line of no return, I have a tour planned, I have submitted an interview & devised a playlist, I have convinced my talented sister to bake me a cake for the launch and I am in the final stages of securing my cover art. There is no going back for me. I have crossed that line. I am filled with utter panic in general but now I have all this advice and the panic has been magnified tenfold. I think this is the opposite of what is supposed to happen.

I dream about Cover Art, I am still editing and doubting every word that I have written, I am still lying awake early in the morning asking what possessed me. Is it too late to change all the names to protect the innocent? Am I going to be heartbroken if I don’t even sell one copy? Should I just offer it for free? Will anyone like it? Will anyone hate it? Oh dear me, so many questions and so much confusion and so much still left to do and yet….

I am excited.

I am filled with joy at having taken a step in the right direction regardless of what the outcome may be. I am looking forward to reconnecting with my novel and thinking about the A to Z in April.

I am looking forward to the tour to the questions which I may not know the answers to. I am keen to see if I get any feedback about the playlist for the horror story. I hope the romantic comedy is still as funny and heart-warming. I am just a happier me even with all the stress because I enjoy it so much. I enjoy writing, I enjoy feedback, I enjoy the stress, I enjoy the deadlines, I’ve enjoyed the steep learning curve and these are all aspects of working life that I like.

I will be relieved when it is done of course because I will have more time for other writing I have in the pipeline. Don’t they say the first time is the hardest?
I just want to thank you all too!

I am surrounded by such a great support system and have been able to call on colleagues for editing duty, friends for feedback, and family for encouragement. I am lucky and I am happy and I am grateful for you too!

Yes you! The readers of my blog, whether you stop by and leave a comment or you never do, I am just happy that your virtual presence has helped me to do something I have often hoped to and it is for that reason that I will always have a series available on this blog, that is written week by week, with only you in mind!

Thank you for being here for The Suddenly Kate Show! And see you on Friday :D


 

4 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, when your "tour" stops in my world, I have no clue what to do! We will both be in over our heads, but we will be in over our heads together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait :)) Can we rant please? lol I hope you appreciate the artwork too! I plan to sell it for at least £85k - surely its worth that, you know, the subject matter, the childlike expressionism, the choice of media...blah blah blah!

      Delete
  2. What shall we rant about? The state of affairs in China? The conclave vote? Lack of stitching on both our parts?

    I'm the worlds harshest critic when it comes to art...prepare yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm...i think you will be hard pushed to find anything wrong with the picture above! That looks exactly like me. Its the truest likeness I ever did see. If you do then you are wrong. Point blank wrong.

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...