18 Jun 2015

10 Halloween stitches to get started on now! (23)

Editing from my phone is complicated! So this is in a random spot, reason being the ever so important news! I found 225!! In a matchbox I was sizing. Doh! But...yayyyy!

Halloween is only 4 and a half months away - which seems quite long - but in stitching hours the witching hours are short!

I have seen many great stitches for Halloween but only once stitched for it, that was for a stitching exchange, and would you believe it but my burglar stole my exchange piece!! YES! It was that good. It was so good that I had it on display all year round and sadly it was never recovered when the burglar was arrested. 

There are some great Halloween cross stitch designs out there and some of the popular ones you do see pop up on peoples blogs, and its great, because its so inspiring to see the finished article.

Here are some that I would like to have in my Halloween stash (surely its time to stash by season, category, colour? lol!)....


Image - Cross Stitch Chart

This one is a very folksy traditional design and I have seen a lot of very similar designs to this. I really think the choice of fabric can make or break this and I like the grey.

2. Halloween Banners - Vanessa, Fotolia


In contrast to all that grey, my true nature springs forth with my love of colour, and I also thought these might stitch up quite quickly as the colours aren't too many and you can easily tweak that and still have the same effect. They can each be stitched separately which is another good thing.


Sleepy Hollow - Cross Stitch Pattern

I only saw this film recently after watching the TV series which seems now to be a very backward way of doing things, and alas I haven't read the book. Of all the sleepy hollow themed designs this is my favourite by far. I think keebs has it....I wonder if she'll stitch it! We can only hope, right?


Halloweentown - Cross Stitch Pattern

If you want a design that is less creepy Halloween and more fun with the kids Halloween then this could be it. It has all the right icons included in the designa nd plenty of colour - I would only add 'Happy' above the houses.


Halloween Minis Cross Stitch Pattern - product images 1 of 1

I saw this and hadn't realised it was mini's - so stitch them individually or put them altogether, I like them altogether and I think its a fun design. A little bit scary and a little bit funny.


OOP cross stitch KIT pattern linen & overdyed threads : Witches Hollow The Primitive Needle Weeks Dye Works Halloween hand embroidery

This is quite a big sampler type design in that olde worlde fashion - nothing has been left out! 



I saw this, and thought...YES! Black cats, they get such a bad rap but are so adorable and so beautiful. I like the style and am disappointed its a vintage design that isn't still available unless through ebay :(


Trick Or Treat

Okay so THIS, I HAVE to have...no, seriously! Are you looking at it?? Its a scarecrow - nothing screams Halloween horror movie like a creepy eyed scarecrow. But it has such gentle well matched colours and is a pretty design. 


Ana (Bewitching Pixies) - Cross Stitch Pattern

I have seen these many times before and think they are such delicate and elegant designs. So if you have an elegant home and avoid anything gimmicky then you might like to stitch these. Such a subtle nod to Halloween.

Will you be stitching for Halloween? If so, what! Tell me! Tell me!

14 comments:

  1. Not really into Halloween, but there are a couple of these patterns that are actually very tempting, especially the Glendon Place one. Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Oops! Sorry Bea...but it's a seriously good one and it's not only Halloween but literature and film and yeah...I won't tell anyone ;)

      Delete
  2. Okay, this is so weird, I had planned a Halloween stitching post today too! Now I don't know if I should still do it since I'd chosen one of the same pieces.. hmmm.. Great post and I love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! You must do it :) I wanna see. Plus...I may also do Xmas designs. :)

      Delete
  3. And the Glendon Place Sleepy Hollow is being stitched here by Katie http://sewdance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've looked at the Halloween Banners piece several times...the bright colors really appeal to me as well!

    I have so many Sleepy Hollow themed cross stitches in my stash it's not even funny (including two different HAED patterns)! I am obsessed with it! But yes, I do have that one, and no I've never started on it. It's on linen (which I hate) and the colors of the fabric don't actually look like that cool gray-bluish with a hint of purple goodness but rather a weird gray green mess. I've bought it numerous times from different sellers and even direct from the manufacturer thinking that they just sent me the wrong stuff, but alas, it all looks the same. Deceptive advertising! I tried various other dyed fabric colors in an attempt to try to get a match, but it still hasn't happened yet. Besides, there is quite a bit of beading on this as well and I've never done that (other than using beads instead of French knots), so I'm scared of that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great - I think there are going to be a few purchases by me tonight!

      Delete
  5. Oh, and I REALLY like the Halloween minis all together! I might need to look for that one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are good as they are a bit creepy :) I shall look out for the right colour when i go to the stitch exhibition - its a long way off but I shall remember :)

      Delete
  6. Good choices! The Halloween Banners look like fun; I like the bright colors. But on the flip of that, the Vintage Halloween Cats is really cool, too! We do mostly fun Halloween, not scary, at our house. I am stitching a few Lizzie Kate Boo Club minis that I think would be fun ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, nice right? I like Lizzie Kate too :) and am tempted to do the fat snowmen this christmas.

      Delete
  7. I've always been quite sad that Halloween really isn't too much of thing in the UK, I do LOVE Halloween designs but I've not really done many! There are so many things on my "to-do" list! I love all of the ones you've mentioned, The Lena Lawson Designs one I've seen stitched up an it is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and I always try to gear my nieces up and to make it fun. There are some great ones and it was hard to pick just 10. I NEED to get Lena Lawson design and its on my to-do list tonight :)

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...