27 Mar 2015

Flash Fiction: 100 words

Morning,

I saw this post which challenges you to write 100 words of fiction and I thought...why not give it a try, I have not written anything in such a long time. This was the first thing that popped into my head.

Here it is:

This wasn't quite the alone time she had hoped for. There was washing up still in the sink, paperwork strewn across the kitchen table, a load of washing waiting to go in the dryer and she had rushed out in the morning without feeding the cat. At least she had time to think, ‘how long for?’ she wondered and immediately regretted thinking. She squinted at her surroundings, only seeing the darkness as it metamorphosed into despair, and prayed.


The sun broke through, warmed her face and dried her tears as she lay crushed beneath the rubble, waiting to be rescued.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!....and wow again!....great story with a throat punch at the end!!...LOVED IT!!.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm unsure but I'm glad to be writing again :)

      Delete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...