15 Oct 2012

Social Media

I wrote this poem on my birthday. I have since edited it and added new verses as I experience more through Twitter which was the focus of this poem. I think it will continue to change and grow and I hope to keep coming back to it.

a tentative start as you step out
 on the world stage that is so full
 where once it took much more
 than an internet connection to step into the pool

no knowledge of what to say or where to begin
 no knowledge of how or who
 the only knowledge that you bring
 is knowing how to be you.

at first it's New and you're unsure
 that it could be anything you need
 but as you start to follow and are followed
social media has laid it's seed.

time passes quickly sometimes
and it all seems to be good
then you realise there is something
that isn't as it should.


 A misunderstanding
that  Pushes limits to the brink
it questions everything about you
yet with so many voices it can be hard to think

 you have to face the consequences chosing which path you'll take
inviting the opinion of others into your world
n answers confuse or offend you seek solace in absences shade.

What once offered comfort and solace
Now offers awkwardness and denial
A self-imposed prison of screens
Built to offer freedom for the masses

With only one route laid out to follow
The decision seems simple
But the future has possibilities
And new paths are waiting to be found

An open book with the pages torn out
For safe keeping and preservation
A haven built on words
A gift of imagination


you ask for an opinion
 I give you an honest one
you don't like what I have  to say
 our ffriendships all but done

 you ask for utmost secrecy
 I promise that will be
 you cant keep it though yourself
 then end up embarrassing me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...