28 Apr 2012

Y is for...

Yogi


Why this job?


I once attended yoga classes. Admittedly, it was a long time ago now, but I have always longed to return. I enjoyed those classes so much; the breathing, the control, the music and the fact that it was exercise. I always left feeling invigorated. Through the years I have thought about starting it again and I really don’t know why I haven’t. But a yogi is an expert I hear you cry! Yes, it is and in my spiritual fantasy world I imagine myself running off to some remote location in India and spending 6-12 months ‘studying’ Yoga and meditation. Maybe my romantic ideals are what have prevented me from attending a class – because maybe if I did, then would I really need to runaway and spend so long meditating and yoga-ing?

Why would I be good at this job.


I do enjoy teaching. I like people. I could happily run the classes and handle the administrative side too. Although, predominantly enthusiastic and earnest (think puppy dog), I am patient and can be very mellow (think spaced out hippy).

Why I wouldn’t be good at this job.


A lot of classes are held in the evenings and sometimes till late, did I mention my aversion to late nights yet?? I did! Shocking! I am not a fan of lycra. I am prone to burst into fits of giggles for unknown reasons, usually an inside joke and usually inside my head.

Do you consider yourself to be spiritual? Are there any alternative therapies that you enjoy? 

13 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to learn yoga! We just got it here but I'm too chicken to go!

    Spiritual yes, religious no...they are two completely separate beasts!

    This is my favorite one yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great! Do it. Drag Am or T with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Like I could see either one of them doing yoga!!

      Delete
  3. I like to listen to relaxation cds to ease the stress of everyday life,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have one but once downloaded a meditation podcast. It was great.

      Delete
  4. I've never taken classes, but I did some on my own. Just a way to stretch and relax while watching TV. Hard to do the relaxing part now with a toddler running about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I tried the yoga on the wii and my niece liked to do that, the challenge where you have to sit as still as possible to stop the candle from burning - but she was 3 at the time.

      Delete
  5. Hi Katie! I'm hopping over from the A to Z Challenge and I see you have almost hit your first 100 followers. I thought I would help you out and clicked the button to be your newest follower...good luck with the rest of this year!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, thank you! I am soooo close, but with only one day remaining, I dont know if I can do it. Will have to write a pretty amazing Z post. I am glad to have got this far all the same.

      Delete
  6. I would like to take a yoga class, too, but my mind is always racing too much and I heard in yoga, that is a no-no. I have tried meditating, but just can't seem to clear my mind of thoughts. Once, I even tried to get hypnotized to quit smoking, but the hypnotization didn't work. Go figure.
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that hypnotherapy is short term and you usually have to go every few months. It can be hard to clear your mind but yoga might actually help you to do this, because you have to focus on your breathing and your position.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Kate!

    It is a pleasure to connect with your blog during the A-Z Challenge. Glad to be your follower and to help you to meet that 100 mark. I do hope you will visit my blog and add to my numbers; doing my best to get to the 100 mark!

    Beautiful blog you have here! I will definitely return to examine it more thoroughly in the future!


    Yoga! I've been practicing yoga since I was ten years of age. Yoga is a wonderful art form! I have reaped many benefits over the years as a result of practicing it!

    It has great spiritual benefits also; the meditation aspect and the breathing!

    I think teaching classes would be wonderful; I do understand your dilemma and I know you will choose what is best for you!

    An alternative therapy for me would be being out in nature!
    http://bettyalark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty, welcome to my blog :D Thats great that you have been doing it from such a young age. The more I think about it the more I want to try and find a class. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...