25 Feb 2012

Drum roll please....

YES!! The time has come :D

I have finished the Geisha :)

I cant believe it, I started it so long ago (as in about 8 years) and it has been a WIP that I occasionally pick up and add a few stitches to. But with a deadline I have managed to get my mojo back and get on and finish it.

So without further ado...again here is the before...



...and here is the after! The finished article, measuring about 12"x18"....


I would just like to thank everyone for all their lovely comments and support, it was especially appreciated when I lost my mojo for a whole month and kept whinging about it! :D

Now what to stitch next...

Kate x

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! She was worth every beautiful stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! Congrats!! She's gorgeous! I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! Congrats on your finish! She's completely gorgeous. Backstitching makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing such a huge project. She's absolutely breathtaking!

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :D I am glad its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope my mother agrees with you :D Only 9 days till I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Keebs - there were moments when I wasn't so sure, thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you - now its off to the framers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really does -I'm not sure what took longer, the stitching or the back stitch. Time for a rest until something else catches my eye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I never thought I would finish it, since I started blogging I have managed to get so many more finishes done. 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the backstitch really makes a difference! Congrats, she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the backstitch on her face just brings her to life, perfect - congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the finish. She looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow :D congrats on the finish she looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. KATE!!!!! HOW DID I MISS THIS???? WHY AM I TYPING IN CAPS???? COS I CAN"T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!!!!!

    SHE IS STUNNING!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...