24 Jan 2012

Happy dance!

Ok, so I said I didn't do anything and on Sunday I hadn't. But I don't know if it was guilt or what, but Sunday night I started knitting myself a scarf and finished it last night.

Some of you may remember that I made two for friends at Christmas (purple and grey cabled chunky knits).  Since I made them, I have really wanted one for myself! They were so warm and snuggly.


So, I decided that I would keep the pattern simple for mine so that I could knit whilst watching the boxset of Supernatural Season 3 that a friend lent me.  It was really simple, just garter stitch and stocking stitch. The most difficult part was when I changed stitches :) but not that difficult. I don't think that the basic pattern detracts that much from the overall design as I used cream wool purposely to contrast with my red coat - I am so discreet :) - and I wore it this morning and YES! it was warm and snuggly :)

So lets have a happy dance disco!

Here are some pic of the finished scarf hanging up in my office..whaddya think?



4 comments:

  1. Very nice! The cream colored scarf looks great with the red coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Kate!! It's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your scarf is really great! I really need to learn how to knit one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...