2 Apr 2020

Seriously...no....seriously...

My last post was quite long ago now, and my hope was not to leave it so long, and yet here we are!

Over the years, I have participated in the A to Z challenge but not for the past few. However, I was recently sent a link to one of my first A to Z challenge posts and it seems more distant than ever!

If I was going to have a theme and attempt it  this year...would it be 'How to survive a pandemic!' although I am not sure of my expertise on this. I do know how to live like a recluse and am loving the self isolation and this is quite good for any introverts and hobbyists who do this ordinarily but for social butterflies, I imagine they are going stir crazy.

So...I was going to add A to Z challenge links for the letter A but it is actually day 2...so here we are...former posts for the letter B...

Crafty A to Z: Letter B
Disney A to Z: Letter B
Them & Us: TV Shows A to Z: Letter B
Paranoid Solo Traveller: Travel Tips A to Z: Letter B
Career Choices A to Z: Letter B


In other news, my son has now turned TWO - what the goddamn...yes, TWO. Still a happy little boy, more of his personality is coming out and he is super cheeky!

Stitchy wise - I haven't done a thing! 
Writing wise - I haven't done a thing!

My motto should be...I haven't done a thing!

I am however, now working from home. My job is one that can be done anywhere so that is good. My partner however is on furlough for the time being, which although means less income it has enabled me to continue working as he looks after Beau whilst I do. 

It was all quite strange, this whole lockdown thing, I remember we had discussed it at work for the last few months about what had happened in China and such, but I guess because we have never experienced anything like this it would be strange.

I think what we need to remember is that the lockdown isn't about limiting who has the virus as it is very contagious and we are all likely to get it, but its about limiting the number of patients requiring hospital care at any one time.

I have read things where people have said, last year 50,000 people died during flu season and 300,000 people die a year on average in the UK, but there aren't 10,000 people all at once needing intensive care and that is what this is about.

I think we will at some point in a month or so reduce the social distancing just for the next round of people and then lockdown again etc. Sort of an ebb and flow as we manage healthcare until a vaccine is available.

Unless, like some people you believe its a giant conspiracy! I personally, can't see how you could get all these countries to agree on such a thing but...I wait to be proven wrong in this almost stranger than fiction world we currently reside in.

Stay safe and keep your distance for now. The whole world is literally in this together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...