28 Feb 2017

Top 5 Tuesday #8 - Top 5 water themed charts

I am attempting to be more specific with chart categories, I hope you don't mind, and have all of March's picked out. As April is traditionally A to Z challenge month, the top 5 will be quick top 5's.

Today's theme of water was one that I didn't think I had actually stitched or had any in my stash...but then I remembered...in my stash I have one water design...

File:Great Wave off Kanagawa2.jpg

The Great Wave of Kanagawa by Hokusai - I got my chart from Diana70 on Etsy

Then I remembered that I am doing the Under the Sea SAL hosted by Lakeside Needlecraft, I have just finished the second part. I started on a slightly small piece of fabric so I am leaving off the seaweed and fish until the end. Here is it so far with the Octopus and Shark. I was holding the fabric at a slight angle when I took the photo, and I have used glow in the dark thread for the Octopus' eyes and the sharks teeth and belly. I changed the spot colour and sucker colour on the Octopus too and left out the black in the mouth on the shark. Tomorrow is the next part....I wonder what it will be?




Ok, so have I done anything else water related....hmmm...does ice count? I think so. This is the chart I stitched for my niece, its Elsa and Anna from  Frozen.



So I am left with two more water themed designs...I guess these will go on my wishlist :)

Nora Corbett Letters from Mermaids - K

Letters From Mermaids K - Cross Stitch Pattern

and finally....

Chatelaine - Watergarden

Watergarden, The - Cross Stitch Pattern

10 comments:

  1. Being more specific is helpful although I did have to think for this week's theme!

    I don't think I have any of the charts I posted in my stash. Have to wait a little bit before I can get the under the sea sal. Chatelaines are gorgeous but intimidating and expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are expensive �� And hence I've yet to start one! But one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I need to work on my post too. We had an interrupted night last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I hope the little one is feeling better today x

      Delete
  4. Again, more great choices! The Great Wave is my Sister's favorite piece of artwork (it's the sticker on her laptop, the case on her phone, typically her background, etc) and I've been tempted to stitch it for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it would be a quick stitch...provided we started it...hehehhehe

      Delete
  5. Those are all nice charts to go with your theme. I am especially drawn to the "Frozen" piece since I am a Disney nut. I just found your blog, so I'll be following along to see all the fun stitching things going on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) I saw a really cool disney princess kokeshi chart - maybe we need a disney theme at some point :)

      Delete
  6. Love your choices! Now I'm wondering what water projects I've stitched or stashed. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...