16 Apr 2012

N is for...


Why a neurosurgeon?

I have to confess that my desire to be a neurosurgeon stemsfrom my desire for power. Ok, well I am not exactly pwer hungry but whatattracts me to this career is the position of respect and subsequent power thatcomes with it. How intelligent must I be to do this? How trustworthy must I beto do this? I would literally hold people lives in my hands and their brains.

Why would I be good at this job.

I am interested in the sciences and like to think that Ihave an aptitude for it (Physics grad, don’t you know!)
I like people – remember?
I want to help others in my chosen career (honourable or cheesy?You decide).
The brain and how it works does completely fascinate me andso I would be very passionate about it.
I don’t mind blood and gore, I like watching operations onTV. Or rather, if they’re on TV I will watch them, I can’t say I ever look forthem though.
I always wear a coat, and I mean ALWAYS, whether it is -4 or45degrees Celsius – a white one would be ok.
I can remain calm under pressure.

Why I wouldn't be good at this job.

I have a terrible memory and I think that this might causeproblems, during consultations and surgery and things..and when trying to passsexams.
As much as it is an almost god-like career – I know I wouldn’tlike that responsibility.
Long hours! – and we are back to the age old excuse of minethat I don’t like late nights.
I probably wouldn’t handle bad news very well.



Anyone who has a jobin the medical profession are amazing people, much better people than I am, andthey do an amazing job. No questions today just an opportunity to showappreciation for people we know who do these difficult jobs everyday.



please note:
 I am currently AWOL exploring a little city in the small country referred to as North America. New York beware! I will be back to catch up on April 18th.

4 comments:

  1. Without these medical people life would be awful for many.
    Good N post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really loved my kids neurologist

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who spends a lot of time with neurologists and neurosurgeons, I'd have to pass on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    We're a bit thin on the ground today.

    So an extra thank you from me.

    Lynn: They are amazing people!

    thanks

    kate

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...