6 Apr 2012

F is for...


Why a Fairy?

I think that it would be nice to be able to grant peoples wishes, but isn't there always a catch? I could spin around a lot till I got dizzy and no-one would think it was strange. I would have my very own wand and flowy dresses and lots of glitter. I would also get a special outfit for when I am going on an adventure. Oh my word, I would have wings! and be able to fly, fly, fly!!!!

Why I would be good at this job.

I can spin around for quite a long time without getting dizzy. 
I like to spend time in the garden.
I smile a lot.
I have twinkly eyes.
I’m generous.
I’m a giggler.
I love going on adventures.

Why I wouldn't be good at this job.

I could get too dizzy and fall over a lot and end up earning a reputation as the fairy who is always falling over. 
I don't like mushrooms and I think fairies live in mushroom circles...
I don’t have the squeakiest voice.
I don’t like heights or large buildings, so I am thinking flying wouldn’t be great and being tiny would make everything else look like large buildings. 


If you could be a make-believe creature (are fairies creatures?), what would you be and why? Can you think of any other characteristics a fairy has? Have you got a favourite fairy story or book with characters who are fairies?

It has also occurred to me that F is for Flower - which I had been using as my gravatar and appears when I follow someones blog, but I had been using a different image with my comments. SO to make it obvious, if you see this flower in your followers or your comments it me!


17 comments:

  1. OK...this is my favorite so far! Being an Asper kid and not liking people...where most kids have an imaginary friend, I had an imaginary fairy colony! I spent a lot of time in the bathroom as a kid because that's where they lived! I was probably the only kid ever who LOVED bath time and probably took more than one a day, but most times you'd just find me sitting in the floor talking to them. I don't remember when they left me though.

    But as far as me being a fairy, I'm more like Vidia (she's a "pal" - I use the term loosely - of Tinkerbell's), so a good fairy I would not make!

    Thanks Kate for bringing up one of the few wonderful memories of my childhood!!

    Oh, and BTW, I can't stand schrooms either! People shouldn't eat fungus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a fairy! Or so I thought, but then I realised I'd have to live out in the garden, or, worse still, the woods. So perhaps not. I'll just continue to love any fancy dress opportunity I get to put on my wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keebs, you surprise me! I never had you down as a Tinkerbell fan (but I guess it is Disney ;) )

    thepinkrachael: YES!!! You do know its easter this weekend, so get the wings out! The woods are pretty scary, especially with all these werewolves and vampires that keep hanging out in them!!!

    I may watch too much TV :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent F post, what a great imagination one must have to imagine being a fairy,

    Have a good day.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been drawn to the darker stories about the fairies - less glitter and more violence. But if I could be any creature, I think I'd be a unicorn - so elegant and graceful.

    Wishing you continued success with the A to Z challenge,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't fairies a bit naughty?

    Hmmm - probably not a fairy for me. Too tiny. But it might be fun to be Pegasus for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jaye, Shhhhhhh! Dont tell anyone - I am working the sweet and innocent angle ;)
    Pegasus is coo!

    Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, its Pega-Jaye! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sign me up! I'd be a fairy in a heartbeat. Dizzy or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes *clapping hands* I'd love to be a fairy. Just having a magical wand, dancing until dawn, singing, trapping the unsuspecting on those fairy rings (ok now that was just mean)..but the above, would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I forgot. and I'd get to wear those cute clothes without having to worry how my legs look :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. no i couldn't take the dizziness no matter what else came with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great theme for the A-Z Challenge! Do fairy's wear tiaras? If they do, I am so in! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was younger I loved the idea of being tiny enough to see grass as a forest. All those illustrations of toadstools and leaf boats...I was all about fairies. :) I think I would be one of Tinkerbell's more serious friends, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I don’t like heights or large buildings, so I am thinking flying wouldn’t be great and being tiny would make everything else look like large buildings."

    I can totally see you flying very close to the ground. The only Faeire in the *shallow end*.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey all,

    Lynn: lol! I don't think the spinning around is compulsory! :)

    Cat: Yes of course - except for adventuring.

    iliadfan: I loved that too, the idea that there were worlds within this world.

    Sallyallbright: haha - yes, that's me and probably still holding on to the side :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one is great!! I'd love to be a fairy as well! I could fly and make wishes come true! Awesome :)

    (from A-Z Blog Challenge)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Spill the beans...

Challenge 39: Watch 50 stand up shows (DVD or LIVE)

So I have been keeping notes on all my challenges and updating as and when something happens to move towards that goal, this is the notes fo...